Friday, December 5, 2008

Blue Cascades...latest designer concept piece

unique designer necklace
This is my latest design, Blue Cascades. I was inspired to do this when I saw this lovely black and white photograph by Phil Douglis 



How did I get from this photo to my final design? Well, I've laid it all out in two blog posts at 1000 Markets in my blog there. I go through the whole process of how I worked out the design to how I made it work in real life. Here are the links: Part 1 and Part 2 . Loads of detail photos too :)

This has been a great week for me. I made my first sale at my Nine Dragons Sculpture Art store at 1000 Markets and we're still in sneak preview mode. I feel honored that someone picked my shop out of the 500 or so shops that are already there. The site is just wonderful, such a supportive staff than genuinely is out to make the best site of this kind (actually, the only site of this kind...it's very innovative) and they actually seek out and listen to our suggestions as they build the site up. We all love it there.

My website just had an editing makeover and I've never had such an easy interface for being able to add and edit on my site before. I had loads of pages to update and was in and out of there in a flash...love it.

My friend Kathy Robbins just received the sculpture I did of her Jack Russell terrier, KT and loved it, (though if you choose to do artwork of someone's beloved pet, it's pretty much a shoe-in that they'll love it lol ).

And of course, I'm feeling good that I got my design for Blue Cascades to work out.

Now it's back to the everyday life things for a bit, the dust bunnies have taken over the place! And tomorrow I'll decorate for Christmas and then get those cards done and sent out. I hope you are all having good weeks too :)



Sue
http://www.1000markets.com/shops/ninedragons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments, your opinions will help format the content of this site. Comments will be reviewed for content and then posted.