I came across this section of a notebook yesterday and I have no idea when I wrote it...but I guess it really does sum up how I feel about things! So hope you don't mind my sharing my strange philosophy of life.
- You may wear many names in your life, but you are who you see yourself to be.
- There is a difference between control and guidance. A guide will lead you through their experience, allowing you to learn for yourself. A controller will live your life for you.
- Always be open too learning, but never trust a single source.
-Trust your inner voice (if you are sure it is yours).
- Laugh at yourself. Only.
- Realize that you will never be safe.
- Imagine that you are hurtling through space and time. You can't go back where you've been and you can't see where you are going. Around you are screaming neon nebulas, blazing suns, whizzing meteorites and other hurtling beings. Reach out and touch what you can. Fill your eyes with beauty. Listen to the ages. Taste the energy. Smell the atmosphere. Lend a hand to those who have lost their way. Enjoy the ride.
- Power. You.
- Never seek to be someone else. Not only will you fail to be them, you will fail to be yourself. If you don't like yourself, learn to.
- The definition of 'cool' - self knowledge. Knowing what fits who you are. Exuding confidence. No one can make you cool.
- Honesty. To yourself. To others. The most important lesson to liking yourself, others, to being liked. If some don't like you, lay the blame on them, if you honestly like yourself.
- Moose are not pretty creatures. Yet behemoth RV's line up to take pictures. Even if you've seen thousands of moose, the next time is still neat. Why?
- Why is a wonderful question.
-Aging is a difficult process. It leaves its mark. I am a well read book. My pages are filled with a wonderful, horrible, happy, sad, rich, poor, loved, hated, lived, existed life. I love this book and it keeps getting more interesting and challenging. My book is always here to pick up. There is no ending that I will write. It is beyond Pullitzer. I love every tattered page and am thrilled that there are yet blank pages to fill. Somethings will write themselves - always a surprise. Some I can make up myself. I will march through it, skip through it, dance through it - because it is my story.
- A soulmate is a wondrous thing. Imagine someone who wants to co-author your book! Willing to write themselves into your book and inviting you into their own story. How wonderful when you have writer's block! It is totally possible for two people to walk through life together. Happily. Not easily- until the steps are measured so the pace is the same (if the freedom is given to each to step differently when needed).
- Love is worth it
I have more and maybe will add them in another blog tomorrow, but this seemed a fitting ending for Valentine's Day :)
note - As I said, I don't even remember writing these, though it's my handwriting lol Some things may have been adapted from things I've read or heard so I am not claiming ownership of anything except the fact that these ARE my personal philosophies :)