You can learn a lot about something from sculpting it. I never realized that the supports for the wings were actually 'finger bones' with the hooked one at the end the same as a thumb. I used sterling silver wire for this part.
I also made this a bat girl, instead of a bat boy, because, whew, no mistaking the boys!
I made this from opaque ivory, but I ran the wing material through a pasta machine several times to get it thin enough to drape and in the process it became quite translucent. There's a lot of curvature in the wing molding that doesn't really show up in the photos.
I really thought some part of this little guy would break before I got it done, but I just kept a steady soft hand, and now that I've got a good solid acrylic varnish on it, it's really quite solid.
Anyways, hope you enjoyed it...Happy Halloween and hope you all get loads of treats!