Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Original ChOPPER designer bangle


I just had to share the new page I put up on my website, with my own brand new design for a bangle bracelet! (My graphic design HTML for the page did not translate, so you'll have to go see that there.)






 The two bracelets pictured above are the prototypes for the original ChOPPER designer bangle. The cut bangle is an idea that was already out there, but the design of the hand banded twisted wire with polymer clay end pieces and focal piece is all my idea. I came up with the name because of the combination of the use of copper with the chopped design (plus it's part of my name). 


Copper is purported to have healing properties and is added to silver and gold for strength, and also used with zinc or tin to make bronze and brass, all wires that can be used in the making of these bangles (although any made with silver, gold filled or gold will have to be at a price based on market cost, and therefore a custom order). The strength of the banded copper/brass/bronze holds the original shape but is also soft enough to slightly adjust to the wrist once on and warmed by the skin. This is jewelry wire and has been treated before being sold. I've had some for 10 years with barely any tarnishing and that was easily removed with lemon juice and salt.  Although the design has texture it is smooth against the skin, although it rarely touches the skin due to the clay lifting it about a 1/4 inch up from the surface. The polymer clay is protected with a tough coat of acrylic varnish.


I've test worn the one on the right (I love pretty sparkley colors) and it's a very durable and extremely lightweight piece. I'm very pleased with the clean design and that I can guarantee a solid and careful workmanship on each and every piece.  


 I will be adding a gallery of the different designs later this week, no two will be exactly alike, although I will have some similar designs. I will be making them in 3 sizes:

4" will fit a 5 inch round wrist

5" will fit a 6 inch round wrist

6" will fit a 7 inch round wrist

I am large boned and wear the 6" size, it's loose enough to move from side to side, but not turn around, as the shape is oval in design. The center piece has stayed dead center on my wrist no matter what I do. If you see a design you like that is not your size then drop me an email...although I can not exactly duplicate any design I can make a very similar one in regards to style, shape, texture and color. 


Sue
http://www.adyinart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments, your opinions will help format the content of this site. Comments will be reviewed for content and then posted.