Friday, January 2, 2009

A good day to be inside creating (excerpt from 1000 Markets blog)

I did work on my painting today, but there's no way I can get a decent photo of the progress. Instead I'm showing the view outside. Just an hour ago almost all the area except for the strip by the hedge was down to bare lawn and it was raining steady. Temps were in the 40's. Just 3 days ago everything was solid white and as deep as 5 foot in places. The rain knocked down about 3 feet of snow. Now the snow is flying and the temperature has dropped 10 degrees. The road is a slushy mess. A cold front is following this snow in, going to be close to zero tonight and not out of the teens at all over the weekend. I'm afraid the roads will be like a skating rink as soon as it gets dark. So far my cold hasn't gotten worse and luckily I don't have to venture outside until Sunday, but my husband has to make it home, and we have a pretty steep hill to get up here from town. Four wheel drive helps, but not on sheer ice. Am hoping the city gets some gravel down soon. But despite the poor light I've been able to get some progress done on my painting. I can use supplemental light to work with, but not to photograph with. There's something very satisfying about being able to cozy up and create on a day like this, maybe it's just in the appreciation of being warm and dry :)

Sue
http://www.1000markets.com/shops/ninedragons

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going to be in for a bad week-end. Hope Chopper made it in okay. Stay in and keep warm and create, hon. We have lost all of our snow also but this evening we're suppose to get freezing rain. I would rather have the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He made it fine but you could hear tires crunching in the road all night. I guess the hill wasn't slushy like it was up here, I forget that sometimes the snow just hits the higher hills and not town, or melts right off.
    You be careful yourself...ice storms can leave some pretty scenery but no fun traveling in them.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments, your opinions will help format the content of this site. Comments will be reviewed for content and then posted.