Thursday, September 11, 2008

Great Balls of Fire!


Fire seems to be the theme these last couple days, so thought I'd share my latest Jammins'© sculpture, Great Balls of Fire!  Overall size is just about 4 inches long by 3 1/4 inches high.

I was looking through the netsuke book I downloaded a couple days ago and am totally in awe of the detailed carvings. You'd think wood, ivory etc would be hard to coax details from but I couldn't even dream of getting that kind of detail with clay, it's too mushy. I am trying to learn patience and put it in the freezer to harden up, but I get excited to see the end result and rush too much.

Speaking of carving, my friend Kathy (she's the one I made the fire troll for) is into woodcarving and it seems she shared an inspirational link on her women's artisan forum to my website. Someone kindly left a comment in my guestbook (thanks again, Keoma!) and I found the forum link through my stats counter info. Makes me want to carve but trust me, you don't want to see me with a knife in my hand :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments, your opinions will help format the content of this site. Comments will be reviewed for content and then posted.