Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wearable Vessel done with clay fabric


Here's my latest wearable vessel done with the clay fabric I made from extruded clay. I'm really pleased with the final design for these bottles, everything is solidly constructed for durability, and the hinged lid allowed me to keep the whole bottle open, rather than having the cord run up the center of it, as in the original design on the Sculpey site. In this case I filled the base with sweet sage, but it can hold any small object. I like the sage because it makes me think of late summer.


I'm not quite sure where my fascination with wearable vessels came from...to me it's something that is not the usual thing you see someone wear as jewelry and it's rather comforting to have something secret of your very own hiding just inside. 



Sue
http://www.adyinart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments, your opinions will help format the content of this site. Comments will be reviewed for content and then posted.